Into the mountains, we go! This is what the Tour de France is all about. And while this year’s race has already loaded up the hills, Stage 12 is a warm-up for the big climbs to come.
It’s the first day in the Pyrenees with a steady start in the valley. The breakaway suspects might be tempted to give it a go, but making it through Peyresourde and La Hourquette d’Ancizan will be another matter. Only the best climbers among them will be left standing as they head down to Bagnères-de-Bigorre.
- Tour de France 2019: Route map, stage profiles, dates and distance
- Why Mark Cavendish won’t be riding the 2019 Tour de France
- Yellow Jersey centenary – a unique jersey for every stage
- Tour de France 2019: Latest classification standings
- Rider bunny hops to avoid crash
- The 2019 riders ranked from youngest to oldest
Latest crash report
Jasper De Buyst became acquainted with a ditch on Stage 11 of the Tour de France after being elbowed. But that crash actually makes Caleb Ewan’s win more remarkable since he was held up in the commotion.
Tour de France 2019: Stage 12
Profile: A gentle start gives way to a pair of whopping category one climbs.
Might as well roll the dice. So we rolled it and it landed on Thomas De Gendt, Vincenzo Nibali and Nairo Quintana. Take your pick. But pick a climber. We think.
How to watch and start time
The action will be live on SuperSport 5 from 11:20 and should finish at around 17:00. If you don’t have a Dstv subscription, you can follow Le Tour’s YouTube channel for all the highlights.
Or follow our updates for key events below.