Latest News

Toddler (2) Dies After Shack Catches Fire In EC

toddler - Toddler (2) Dies After Shack Catches Fire In EC

CAPE TOWN – A two-year-old girl has died in a fire in Gelvandale, in the Eastern Cape.

Her older brother was rescued by neighbours after the blaze erupted on Saturday night.

Their parents were at a nearby shop at the time.

It’s understood the parents left the two young children alone at home when they went to a shop.

While away, they noticed their shack was alight and ran back home.

Neighbours were able to pull their son from the burning structure, but they could not save two-year-old Shannon Brown who died in the blaze.

The boy sustained burns to his feet.

Police speculate a candle may have fallen and started the fire.

No formal charges have been laid against the parents at this stage.

EWN

The post Toddler (2) Dies After Shack Catches Fire In EC appeared first on iAfrica.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *