South Africa is one of 19 countries to host national stages of the first international Instagram beauty contest, “Miss Virtual World”. The final ceremony will take place in Cancun, Mexico. In order to apply, the girl needs to post her photo on Instagram with the hashtag #mvw_zaf.
Participants can apply before midnight on August 19, after which, each of the participating countries will host national stages of online voting. Only 20 beauties will progress to the final of the Miss Virtual World contest, one representative from each country. The main prize for the winner is a Porsche Cayman 718 from inDriver.
The unique feature of the “Miss Virtual World” competition is that absolutely any girl over 18 years of age can submit an application, without restrictions on growth, model parameters or marital status. The competition allows for married beauties to participate, while this is one of the main criteria for selection in traditional beauty contests.
The idea of a democratic beauty contest, which any willing participant can apply for, appeared in the Siberian city of Yakutsk 20 years ago, where the city’s Internet beauty contest was held for the first time. Over the years, the conditions have not changed, and the competition has gained international scope, and now its geography covers Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. This year, beauties from 19 countries of the world will be presented in the finals.
So how do you participate in “Miss Virtual World 2019” and be part of our international pageant history? It’s all quite simple really, just follow these steps below:
- Submit your application on Instagram
The caption should include last name, first name, the age of the participant, city and hashtag #mvw_zaf. Be sure to check that your profile is open. Within 3 working days the organizers will contact you and confirm that your application has been accepted.
2. Progress to the qualifying voting stage
- your photo will be published on the contest voting page in the inDriver application
- collect voices of your photo
- the shortlisted top 10 applicants, who collected the largest number of votes by September 8, will qualify and progress to the next round
3. Win the title of “Miss Virtual South Africa” in the national stage
- collect voices of your photo on the contest voting page in the inDriver application
- the finalist, who has collected the largest number of votes by September 30, will qualify for the international voting of “Miss Virtual World”
Photos of some participants of the contest:
The post More Than 100 Beauties From South Africa Participating In An International Beauty Contest appeared first on iAfrica.com.