The Winter Solstice is just around the corner (21 June), and the temptation to hibernate is inevitable. On Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 June, forget your nesting tendencies and join a select circle of sunset chasers at the inaugural Casa Corona to be hosted at Nirox Sculpture Park.
Coming to South Africa for the first time, Casa Corona is a weekend-long lifestyle experience that’s just what the doctor ordered. Think artistry in the form of music, photography, food, and mixology; all brought together under a stunning atmospheric sunset of the Winter Solstice. Yes, the 2019 Winter Solstice will take centre stage as a select number of guests take in the breathtaking sunset that heralds the official count-down to Summer in the Southern Hemisphere as days get longer with each passing day. Influenced by themes from Mexico, France, and Spain, Casa Corona emulates a “Paradise in the City.”
It is a paradise to escape and live unforgettable moments at sunset. Casa Corona is full of immersive experiences where you can enjoy the perfect winter sunset with a Corona and a lime.
Corona Marketing Manager, Sifiso Pule, describes Casa Corona as a global lifestyle experience not to be missed. “Corona is a drink for all seasons, and this winter sunset experience embodies that spirit!”.
Catch iPhonography workshops, mixology sessions, Latin-American cuisine, outdoor cinema, live music and outdoor silent concert coupled with Nature’s Winter show off. Guests at this intimate gathering will enjoy an exclusive lifestyle experience via some of South Africa’s best young creatives. The effervescent celebrity Chef Nti will serve dishes with Mexican flair, while mixologists will work their “magic in a glass” to make you forget the bland teas and sweet cocoa of winter.
You won’t want to miss the iPhonography experience brought to you by Ghanaian Visual Artist extraordinaire Prince Gyasi, award-winning South African Cinematographer Ofentse Mwase and the stunning Soweto collaborative effort, ISeeADifferentYou with the soulful sounds of Mpho Sebina bringing the experience full circle.
If you want to be part of the Casa Corona community that will celebrate the Winter Solstice, all you have to do is to share your best sunset images on Twitter using the hashtag #FindYourSunset to stand a chance to win double tickets.
Tickets are not for sale; so get off that couch, reconnect with Mother Nature and go “find your sunset” this winter! An agenda full of rejuvenation, workshops, live entertainment, Art, and Gastronomy await you – follow the #FindYourSunset hashtag to join the conversation and follow @CoronaAfrica on Twitter.
By entering the competition you agree to the following T&Cs
- There are 2 double tickets for both dates (2 double tickets for 22 and another for 23 June) valued at R3 500 each.
- Winners will be selected and informed by Friday morning 21 June.
- Gates open Saturday, 22nd June and Sunday, 23rd June at 12 pm until 8 pm. Arrive early to enjoy complimentary drinks, snacks and a Sculpture Tour around Nirox.
- You will not be granted entry to the venue if you did not register/RSVP your attendance
- Don’t bring food/drinks into the venue, there will be food and drinks vendors on site
- Food and drinks at Casa Corona are for your own account
- Casa Corona is a cashless environment so you can top-up your howler tag with funds upon arrival
- Bring sunscreen, a hat and dress comfortably and warm, we’re going to be outdoors until 8 pm
- Do not smoke in the audience.
- Do bring something to take your waste home with you; this is a bin-free site.
- Do not leave a mess.
- Do bring a sunny personality to keep us all warm
The post Win two tickets to the Global Casa Corona Festival in Joburg! appeared first on Bona Magazine.