Now you can make delicious salty vanilla toffee at home with this recipe by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Make the perfect meringue
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- Crushed lollies, for serving
- In a saucepan, mix water and sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved and turns golden in colour (do not stir).
- Add salt, vanilla paste, butter and cream. Cook over low heat. Stir until golden in colour.
- Pour mixture onto lightly greased tray, and let it cool or leave overnight.
- Cut with sharp knife, and serve with crushed lollies.
SEE ALSO: Chocolate lamington
The post Salty vanilla toffee appeared first on Bona Magazine.