The Honda Amaze is more than just a car, it defines all that a compact sedan should be.
The new Amaze isn’t just larger, but also features a head-turning design that is both unmistakably Honda and modern. In fact, it was designed as a sedan from the ground up to ensure that it’s larger, more stylish and everything you wish other compact sedans could be.
However, looks are definitely not all that the Amaze has going for it.
Beneath the bonnet
Honda’s i-VTEC engine technology delivers exceptional fuel efficiency (some 5,6 litres/100 km for the manual transmission models and 5,7 litre/10 km for the CVT version).
This frugal use of fuel doesn’t mean that the Amaze doesn’t deliver swift performance as it can accelerate from 0-10 km/h in as little as 12,3 seconds, thanks to a kerb mass of just over 900 kg.
S-p-a-c-e and safety
Enough space for everyone, generous cabin storage that includes cup holders and door pocket as well as boot capacity of 420 litres? You bet!
The space, style and comfort of the Amaze seem unrivalled, but that doesn’t mean that they have skimped on finishes or safety features.
All Amaze models have dual front airbags, inertia reel seatbelts – front and rear, and IsoFix child seat anchors. ABS brakes with EBD also comes standard with the Amaze.
Honda doesn’t only ensure that your family is comfortable, but that they are safe, too!
The Honda Amaze Range and Features
The Honda Amaze Range consists of three models in two equipment levels that offer a choice between two transmissions and two trim levels, while having the same engine. Just have a look at these amazing models:
Honda Amaze 1.2 Trend
- Manual gearbox
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Roof-mounted sharkfin antenna
- High-mounted third brake light
- Smart cloth upholstery
- Tilt-adjustable multifunction steering wheel
- Four speaker audio system woth AM/FM radio, MP3 functionality and Bluetooth connectivity
- Central locking
- Mirrors adjusted manually
- RRP: R179 900
Honda Amaze 1.2 Comfort
- Includes everthing that’s standard on the Trend version
- Exterior has colour coding for exterior mirrors and door handles
- Low-mounted, recessed fog lamps
- Electric adjustment of exterior mirrors
- Automatic air conditioning
- Automatic door locking once the vehicle starts moving
- RRP: R193 900
Honda Amaze 1.2 Comfort CVT
- Identical to the 1.2 Comfort manual gearbox, except for gearshift paddles behind the steering wheel that allows for manual shift between the CVT’s virtual gears.
- RRP: R208 900
Honda Amaze warranty and service plan
The Honda Amaze range is supported by:
- A full 5-year/200 000 km warranty
- A 2-year/30 000km service plan
- A 3-year AA Roadside Assistance package
Book your test drive today!
The post Prepare to be Amaze-d appeared first on Bona Magazine.