Beat the winter chill with this hearty no spice lamb stew
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 3 cups lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) larger beer
- 4 cups (1ℓ) beef stock
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1kg baby potatoes
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add lamb and brown for 8–10 minutes on high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Fry until soft.
- Add tomato paste, beer, stock, carrots, thyme and bay leaves. Cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 1½ hours or until tender.
- Add baby potatoes and cook until soft.
The post No spice lamb stew appeared first on Bona Magazine.