Get creative with your tried and trusted maize meal with these mealie meal and parmesan patties.
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup mealie meal, cooked
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped and cooked
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Salad, for serving
- Wraps, for serving
- Spicy mayonnaise, for serving
- Micro herbs, for serving
- Mix mealie meal, cheese, ham, onion and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties. Brush with egg and dust with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry each patty for 4–5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with salad, wraps, spicy mayonnaise and micro herbs.
SEE ALSO: Spinach pasta alfredo recipe
The post Mealie meal & Parmesan patties appeared first on Bona Magazine.