Rum is more than just a staple cocktail ingredient. Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to cook a delicious meal with it.
Garlic and rum prawns
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
- 16 prawns, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) light rum
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 shallot onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large green pepper
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Rustic bread, for serving
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Mix prawns, garlic and rum in a bowl. Marinate for 20–30 minutes.
- Heat butter and fry onions until soft. Add curry powder, green pepper, parsley and prawns. Cook for 1–2 minutes, tossing and turning.
- Add leftover marinade and cook for 10–15 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread, lemon slices and coriander.
SEE ALSO: Butternut and pea risotto
The post Garlic and rum prawns appeared first on Bona Magazine.