Also known as the Luther burger, this doughnut bacon cheeseburger is reportedly named after late RnB singer Luther Vandross.
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups minced meat
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup (125ml) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 handful fresh watercress leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 fried bacon strips
- 3 doughnuts, halved
- Sauce, for serving
- Mix minced meat, garlic, barbecue sauce, feta cheese and onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Form 4 patties.
- Heat griddle pan and grill patties for 4–5 minutes on each side.
- Place watercress, patty, onion and bacon on slice of doughnut. Top with the other half. Serve with sauce of choice.
SEE ALSO: How to make chocolate lamingtons at home
The post Doughnut bacon cheeseburger appeared first on Bona Magazine.