This delectable creamy sweetcorn and potato soup is perfect on its own or as a starter.
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups canned sweetcorn, drained
- 2 potatoes, chopped and cooked
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) butter, melted
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- Handful fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed herbs, for serving
- Bread, for serving
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add green pepper, ham, sweetcorn, vegetable stock, cream and thyme. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until the liquid decreases.
- Add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with mixed herbs and bread.
SEE ALSO: Curried cauliflower and potato recipe
The post Creamy sweetcorn and potato soup appeared first on Bona Magazine.