Spice things up with this flavourful chicken masala recipe
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups chicken thighs, deboned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons masala powder
- 1 tablespoon Harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- ½ cup (125ml) mascarpone cream
- Salt and pepper
- Savoury rice, for serving
- Rocket leaves, for serving
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add meat and brown for 8–10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic, fry until fragrant.
- Add masala powder, Harissa paste, Dijon mustard, chicken, wine and stock and cover with a lid. Cook until thickened.
- Add mascarpone cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with savoury rice and rocket leaves.
SEE ALSO: Ham and cheese baked bread
The post Chicken masala appeared first on Bona Magazine.