Chicken à la King is a tried and tested favourite and yours can be ready in 15 minutes.
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
This dish was created by Charles Ranhofer, a chef at Delmonico restaurant. He named the dish after horse breeder Foxhall P Keene, who had requested a dish with pimento cream. Charles came up with Chicken a’ la Keene, later renamed Chicken à la King.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups cooked and deboned chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- I onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups (750ml) cream
- Salt and pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Brown rice, for serving
- Micro herbs, for serving
- Fry onion and garlic until soft. Add peppers and courgette, and cook until soft.
- Add flour, and gradually add cream, stirring to avoid lumps. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until thickened.
- Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with rice and micro herbs.
The post Chicken à la King appeared first on Bona Magazine.