Entertainment News

Cape Town Jazz Festival organisers says there are no plans to cancel the event

SABC News CP Jazz Festival Twitter - Cape Town Jazz Festival organisers says there are no plans to cancel the event

Organisers of the Cape Town International Jazz Festival say there are no plans to cancel or postpone the event at this stage in light of the spread of the coronavirus.

The event is set to take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on March 27 and 28.

Management of the Cape Town international Jazz Festival says they’re working with government to find the best way forward for the 2020 event. They’re in contact with both the National Health Department and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases.

The necessary updates will be communicated via their website and various social media platforms.

Sold as Africa’s Grandest Gathering, the hugely popular festival draws musicians and patrons from all over the world.

Pianist Abdullah Ibrahim has already pulled out because of fears of contracting the virus.

So far, eight more cases of the COVID-19 infection have been recorded in South Africa, bringing the total to 24.

More than 128 000 people have been diagnosed in 118 countries across the globe, with at least 4600 deaths.

Living conditions under quarantine

The post Cape Town Jazz Festival organisers says there are no plans to cancel the event appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *