Make risotto like a pro with step by step recipe by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 3 cups cubed butternut
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) light rum
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- Micro leaves, for serving
SEE ALSO: Chicken in rum sauce
- Heat butter in a large pan. Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, cumin, butternut, peas, rum and rice. Mix well.
- Add ½ cup stock at a time until slightly absorbed. Keep pouring until all added. Cook for 50–60 minutes or until soft. Add cheese and thyme, and mix well. Serve with micro leaves.
The post Butternut and pea risotto appeared first on Bona Magazine.