Try this Mexican inspired dish by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup cooked minced meat
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Avocado, for serving
- Red onion slices, for serving
- Micro herbs, for serving
SEE ALSO: Creamy bacon pasta
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Fry onion and garlic until soft. Add paprika, cumin, curry powder and minced meat. Cook for 4–5 minutes or until golden.
- Add pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook for 15–20 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla chips into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Spoon minced meat on chips. Place tortilla on top and layer with minced meat until done. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10–15 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with avocado, red onion slices and micro herbs.
SEE ALSO: Prawn and coconut curry
The post Beef taco bowl appeared first on Bona Magazine.