Entertainment News

A$AP claims he tried to avoid the fight that has landed him in custody

SABC News AAP Rocky Reuters - A$AP claims he tried to avoid the fight that has landed him in custody

United States (US) rapper A$AP Rocky told a Swedish court that he tried to avoid the fight in downtown Stockholm on 30 June that landed him in custody and facing a charge of assault. The case has drawn huge media attention with celebrities, including Kim Kardashian and Rod Stewart, defending the 30-year-old performer, producer and model, whose real name is Rakim Mayers.

Two of his entourage were also charged with assault causing bodily harm. All three pleaded not guilty at the start of the trial on Tuesday with Mayers’ lawyer saying the rapper acted in self-defence. Giving testimony for the first time, Mayers said he had been scared after his group was followed by the plaintiff, a 19-year-old man, and his friend.

The trial is scheduled to end on Friday.

The post A$AP claims he tried to avoid the fight that has landed him in custody appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *